Sunday, June 13, 2010

Schooooool's. Out. For. Summer!


Finally! The school year is officially over! I am just as excited as the kids for the summer to begin...no more homework, or signing planners, or checking backpacks, or making lunches... I'm freeeeee. Who am I kidding? My job never ends, but at least it relaxes a little in the summer!

After two hours at school on Wednesday morning, the kids were back home. And how did we celebrate? With a party, of course. 24 kids & 11 moms poured into my house. The original plan was a backyard bbq, but the forecast had other ideas, so it turned into an indoor picnic... complete with an ice cream sundae bar for dessert.

The kids had a blast. My favorite part was the dance party they had going in the basement, they can boogie I tell ya. Then, of course, the costumes came out. I don't think it's possible for us to have a playdate without some sort of fashion show/super hero exhibition.

A great start to the summer, and the bonus is that I discovered my house can hold 24 kids at once...imagine the possibilities....

No comments:

Post a Comment