Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's a NEW YEAR!!! Project 365: Week 1

Welcome 2011!!! For the new year, I have made it a goal to take more pictures of "ordinary" days. I have this feeling that someday I will want to look back and remember all of the things we did when the kids were young...the stuff that didn't seem like such a big deal at the time, but would bring me a lot of joy to remember once my babies are grown. I'm attempting a "365 Album" which is when you take one picture a day for the entire year. Ambitious, yes...can I do it...probably not, but I will TRY! I plan to post the results of my efforts here. So enjoy a peek into the lives of the Paci's....


Day 1: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Here is the 1st picture of 2011!
The New Year came in with a bang at our friends, the Winslow's, New Years Eve party. More than 65 of our friends gathered (over half of them kids!) to bring in the New Year. It was an awesome way to celebrate with the amazing bunch of friends we have made here in Greencastle! I know the kids will look back and remember those rockin' New Year's parties!

Day 2: January 2nd found us in Harrisburg at the "Susquehanna Novice" wrestling tournament. You can see Joey in action wrestling 1 of his 4 matches of the day. He finished the day 2-2, pinning 2 of his opponents!

Day 3: January 3rd was Emma and Joey's first day back to school. Claire declared it a "pj day", and we spent the day "de-Christmafying" the house (yes, I am making up words here). Claire was a BIG help, and oversaw all of the clean up efforts. I don't know WHAT I'll do without her next year! (sniff)
Day 4: January 4th was a day for planning...planning a birthday party for two special girls! Emma and her good friend Bella share the same birthday (January 23rd), and this year they want to have a double birthday party! The plan is to have a slumber party at our house for 6 of their friends. We spent the afternoon planning games, prizes, food, and ended with a photo shoot for the invitation. The makings of a GREAT party are underway!
Day 5: January 5th brought us a sick boy. Stomach bug. Yuck! Joey spent the day on the couch. Luckily, it was only a 24 hour thing, and he was back to himself before we knew it.
Day 6: January 6th was a BUSY day. Luckily, I found time to make dinner for a very special family! Our good friends recently welcomed their 5th child, Chloe Nicole, into their family (yes, I said 5th, that wasn't a typo!) Chloe was born on 12-30-10, and is SO adorable. I hope the family enjoyed dinner and Chloe liked her new Robeez (my favorite baby gift to give)!
Day 7: January 7th was a Friday, which means PLAYDATE! Joey and Dom always start out their playdates with some much loved Wii time. The game of choice right now is "Sonic All Star Racing" (a much welcomed switch from long time reigning favorite "Lego Batman"). These two boys are gamers...and if we didn't set time limits, I think they'd play ALL DAY!!! So that's what the start of 2011 looked like for us. We have so much to be thankful for! For me, this year will be one for reflection, gratitude, and making memories. Here's to a GREAT 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment