Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Show!


There she is, our little English rider...sporting TWO blue ribbons!

Emma had so much fun at her first official horse show! She's competed in a few small shows at the stable she rides at, but this was the real deal. Even though it was a small local show, we knew the moment we drove up that we were WAAAAAAY out of our element! There were horses and trailers and pick-up trucks everywhere. People dressed in sparkly western attire, people dressed in English riding attire...we weren't quite sure what to do! Luckily, Emma's instructor, Kara, was there to lead us through. Kara brought the horse and the gear and the know-how...we just brought Emma.

Emma competed in two classes: "short stirrup pleasure" and "short stirrup equitation", and came out victorious in both! Horses are Emma's first love...she is totally smitten with this sport. Proof; it was SO hot, but she didn't complain one bit (VERY unlike Emma!) In fact, she hardly made a peep the whole time we waited for her turn (also VERY unlike Emma!).

I have to admit, I was so proud watching her compete. She looked so grown-up and poised on that horse, it brought a tear to my eye. She was so confident and knew just what to do (I guess those lessons are paying off!). And the outfit...I swear I keep signing my kids up for the activities with the cutest outfits!!!!

I'm not sure how far we'll be taking this "horse show" thing, but I know this much is true, Emma will remember this day for a loooooong time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment