Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dash For Drew


Here we are...at another "fun run". We're lucky enough to live in an area that has lots and LOTS of "fun" running. I love it, I just wish I were better at it :) It's always nice when the kids can participate in a fun run/walk, and this is a really special one; the Dash For Drew. This race benefits the Drew Michael Taylor foundation which does a lot of good in our community.
Most of the races the kids run are 1 mile or less, but this one is a 2 miler. I signed all three kids up, thinking that I would stay in back and walk with Claire, and Joey and Emma would run ahead at their own pace. Little did I know that Claire had other plans!!! She took off at a dead sprint...and didn't stop running for the entire first mile. Her first mile split was 10:31...not too shabby for a 4 year old. She slowed down a little for the second mile, but still finished the race with a time of 23:30. I think we have a future runner in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment